Braids are a classic hairstyle that has been around for centuries, and they have evolved into various styles and sizes over the years. One of the most versatile braids is the medium braids hair, which can be worn in any season and for any occasion.
Medium braids are great for protecting your hair from damage caused by harsh weather conditions and styling tools, and they are also perfect for adding texture and dimension to your hair. In this article, we will explore the benefits of medium braids and how you can style them to look fabulous.
What are medium braids hair?
Medium braids are a type of braiding technique that involves creating braids that are not too thick or too thin. They are typically done on medium length hair, but they can also be done on long hair or short hair.
Benefits of medium braid
There are numerous benefits of wearing medium braids, including:
- Protection: Medium braids are great for protecting your hair from harsh weather conditions and styling tools. They are also ideal for preventing hair breakage and split ends.
- Versatility: Medium braids can be styled in numerous ways to suit any occasion, from casual to formal events.
- Low maintenance: Medium braids require minimal maintenance, making them ideal for busy individuals who don’t have much time for styling their hair.
- Texture and volume: Medium braids add texture and volume to your hair, making it look fuller and thicker.
- Hair growth: Medium braids promote hair growth by reducing hair breakage and split ends.
How to prepare your hair for medium braids
Before getting medium braids hair, you should prepare your hair by doing the following:
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove any dirt and oil buildup.
- Deep condition your hair to moisturize and strengthen it.
- Stretch your hair by blow-drying or using a flat iron to make it more manageable for braiding.
Types of medium braid
There are different types of medium braids that you can choose from, including:
- Box braids: Box braids are medium-sized braids that are created using synthetic or human hair extensions. They are typically styled in a straight or wavy pattern and can be worn in various lengths and colors.
- Senegalese twists: Senegalese twists are medium-sized braids that are created using two-strand twists and can be worn in various lengths and colors. They are typically done using synthetic or human hair extensions and can be styled in different patterns.
- Faux locs: Faux locs are medium-sized braids that resemble dreadlocks but are created using synthetic or human hair extensions. They are typically done using the wrapping method and can be worn in various lengths and colors.
- Cornrows: Cornrows are small, tight braids that are created by weaving the hair into a series of small, tight braids. They are typically worn close to the scalp and can be styled in various patterns.
- Dutch braids hair: Dutch braids are medium-sized braids that are created by weaving the hair under, rather than over, each section. They are typically styled in a crown braid or half-up half-down style and can be worn in various lengths and colors.
Maintenance tips for medium braids
To maintain your medium braids hair, you should do the following:
- Washing: You should wash your medium braids every 2-3 weeks to keep them clean and fresh. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to avoid stripping your hair of its natural oils.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing your medium braids is essential to prevent them from drying out and becoming brittle. Use a light oil or leave-in conditioner to keep your braids moisturized.
- Protecting: To protect your medium braids, you should wear a satin or silk scarf at night to prevent frizz and breakage. You should also avoid pulling your braids too tightly or wearing them for too long.
- Retouching: Retouching your medium braids is essential to keep them looking fresh and neat. You should retouch your braids every 4-6 weeks to prevent them from becoming too loose or frizzy.
Styling tips for medium braid
Medium braids hair can be styled in numerous ways to suit any occasion. Here are some styling tips:
- High ponytail: A high ponytail is a classic hairstyle that can be done with medium braids. Simply gather your braids at the crown of your head and secure them with an elastic band.
- Half up half down: A half up half down hairstyle is a great way to show off your medium braids. Simply gather the top half of your braids and secure them with an elastic band.
- Top knot bun: A top knot bun is a chic and stylish way to wear your medium braids. Simply gather your braids at the crown of your head and twist them into a bun.
- Side swept bangs: Side swept bangs are a great way to add a touch of glamour to your medium braids. Simply part your braids to one side and sweep them over your forehead.
- Accessories: Accessorizing your medium braids is a great way to add some extra style and personality to your hairstyle. You can add headbands, hair clips, or even flowers to your braids.
How to remove medium braid
To remove your medium braids, you should do the following:
- Cut off the elastic bands at the ends of your braids.
- Apply oil or conditioner to the roots of your braids to loosen them.
- Gently unravel your braids from the ends to the roots.
- Wash and condition your hair to remove any dirt and oil buildup.
Medium braids hair are a versatile and stylish hairstyle that can be worn in any season and for any occasion. They offer numerous benefits, including protection, versatility, low maintenance, texture, volume, and hair growth. With the right styling and maintenance tips, you can keep your medium braids looking fabulous and fresh.
Read Also: Club Nails Salon